Friday, August 6, 2010

Why don't we ever see baby squirrels?

I've seen them! They have really skinny bodies and the tiniest limbs. They look like they'd weigh absolutely nothing if you picked one up.





My apartment living room windows are just above ground level and face a courtyard with lots of trees in it. I get little squirrels (and baby bunnies) scurrying within a few feet of my window every spring. It's pretty cool, I must say.Why don't we ever see baby squirrels?
You never see baby pigeons either!Why don't we ever see baby squirrels?
You probably do. Don't expect them to be like tiny kitten. By the time they leave the nest and manage to get to the ground, the are already of some size.





You can tell they're young yet by the size compared to adults.
Baby squirrels stay in the nest for 12 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment