Saturday, August 21, 2010

I need all the info i can get about baby squirrels?

yesterday my boyfriend found this thing we originally thought it was a premature puppy but recently found out it is a baby squirrel we know what to feed it how to and how much and how to keep it warm so we basically know how to care for it and all that stuff but any additional info is wanted please and we also want to know if in the state of washington it is legal to keep a squirrel








here is a pic link if you want to see the squirrel its kinda ugly but in a way cute





http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/ashleymarie_91/puppie.jpgI need all the info i can get about baby squirrels?
TURN IT IN TO A WILDLIFE RESCUE OR IT WILL DIE.





Please don't ignore my answer. I regretted ignoring this piece of advice myself. The animal I took in died cuz I didn't know what I was doing. Plus, this is illegal.I need all the info i can get about baby squirrels?
The best thing you can do is to take the baby squirrel back where you found it for the mother squirrel to locate it. Although rabies is uncommon in squirrels, they can carry tetanus, so you should not be handling it. They require feeding every 2-4 hours with specialty formula and staying wrapped in a warm 98.5 degree environment. I found a very helpful site for you...check it out here:
Awww! You should have left it alone because the mother could have came back for it. Or at least that's what happened in my case. It was really cool. I found one in our front yard but my mom wouldn't let me take it inside. So I just kept checking on it. It started making these weird noises. And then the mom crawled down from a tree and picked it up in its mouth.





But anyway, I hope you get info and everything goes well :)
At this tender age, it has NO hope of survival without a mother to care for it. It requires mothers milk!! No, it is not legal to have a wild animal in the state of Washington.





For further advice, call West Sound Wild Life centre on Bainbridge Island.
Squirrels are vicious


Squirrels have rabies


Squirrels taste delicious


Squirrels are actually evil


Squirrels do not like to share





And yea.....there's no way you can keep that alive. It probably won't make it sorry.
That thing will live for a very short period of time if left in your care. My best advice is to fry it up with some eggs and call it a day.
aww good luck =(





http://www.stfranciswildlife.org/squirre鈥?/a>





http://www.thesquirrelboard.com/
Whatever you do DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR ***! No matter how good of an idea it sounds like, it will only end in tears.
You can't keep it alive. Its a wild animal.
google is your friend and wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment