Saturday, August 21, 2010

Baby Squirrels?

I am fostering 4 baby squirrels that go blew out of their tree during a wind storm last week. Some lady brought them to the shelter I volunteer at and the person who runs the shelter said I can take them home to foster. They will be released once they are grown up and able to care for themselves.





My question is though, whenever they are sleeping in their nest sometimes they will suck on the boys ';parts';. This causes swelling and clogging of the urinary area. Is there a way to detour them from doing this? I put a warm washcloth on it until the clog comes off. But I want to prevent it, not just keep treating it.





They are not doing this because they are starving, they are very well fed babies.Baby Squirrels?
separate them - i know the mom will bight off all the males testicles except for one in the litter i guess it's for a reason where the males wont over populate the females maybe the baby females are doing that since the mom wasn't able to or maybe there just looking for a tit to nurse on - who knows ??? i would just separate the males from the females to be safe
  • colon cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment